Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014) Review!

     So I have a bit of a confession to make...No not one of those pervert type of confessions, This one is a given for me because I have said on many occasions I love crappy films!  Now part one of Sharknado had so much publicity surrounding it that I was just forced to watch it.  The problem with me watching it was...I loved it.  Absolutely atrocious in every way but entertaining as all hell nonetheless.  Really though, who would have thought that a tornado full of sharks would be a hit and be the kind of movie you just can't stop watching.  So now we finally have a sequel and I am really hoping for another crappy one but we shall see.  I am starting it right now so I will be back in a jiff!
     Okay so I didn't make it that far into this but I have to mention something during my epic watching of this epic movie.  This opening scene is so worth the price of admission,  and it's not in the theater so you can just watch it so double the value right there!  A plane getting attacked by sharks from a tornado! Awesome!  Oh yeah and I can't get far without saying something about the spectacular effects that I am witnessing right now.  I think the SYFY channel uses Photoshop to do their effects.  And I think I just saw Downtown Julie Brown from MTV back in the day when they used to play videos.  Not only did I see her but I am seeing alot more famous people this time around and they're not even actors.  But I guess the first one was so good that everyone wanted to be part of it.  So the list is as follows; Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, Vivica Fox, Mark Mcgrath, Kari Wuhrer, Judd Hirsch, Kurt Angle, Billy Ray Cyrus, Andy Dick, Biz Markie, Matt Lauer, Kelly Ripa, Kelly Osbourne and Al Roker!  So a small cast is what we are in store for here.  There is actually more than what I mentioned but as you can see already we have a who's who of "B" movies.
     Now that I have watched it I can honestly say that it has...not improved over the other installment.  This film has some of the worst acting known to film ever!  Some of the worst effects to ever grace a T.V. screen!  And one of the poorest written films ever! But in its defense, I couldn't stop watching it.  It is entertaining if nothing else.  I was hooked to my screen eagerly awaiting what happens next to these characters.  I loved it, so I can now add a new film to my best of the worst movies ever list.
     So I will recommend this to anyone that has absolutely no standards in the films they watch or someone who just wants to be entertained for an hour and a half.  Just be warned though because I think this movie is even too bad to win a Razzie!
     Oh yeah, one last thing, it does answer the question of the alligators in the sewer of New York City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment