Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Bad Day With A Nutcase

   

     Falling Down...what to say about this picture?  Well it's about a man that has problems in his head and on this particular day he finally snaps.  I don't say the "problems in his head" to be mean about it or disrespect any person that has or knows someone that has a bit of mental instability, I say it because every human on this planet has had the day where they think they can't take anymore and would like nothing more than to lash out at the world or at least scream to high hell and tell the world to FUCKIN' STOP IT ALREADY!  But, most people do have the power to suck it up and not act on it.  This film has Michael Douglas show us exactly what it's like to not have that power at all.  He does a spectacular job at it as well.  Robert Duvall plays the cop trying to catch the man in a white shirt and tie that carries a baseball bat and a bag full of guns.  So, what we have is 2 veteran actors doing what they been doing for a few decades...being awesome at their incredibly high paying job.
     Now, I must warn everyone of 1 thing though.  The picture is directed by Joel Schumacher.  Yes, The very same Joel Schumacher that absolutely destroyed the first real Batman series in the 90's.  For that, I agree he should never be able to make another film for as long as he lives but for the sake of this film here he did direct it before he killed the Caped Crusader.  So don't hold it against him just yet, this movie is pretty excellent.
     I would have to say anyone that would like a good drama, maybe a good cop trying to find a man or a movie of acting out when you've had it would probably enjoy this flick.  I enjoyed it the first time I watched it about 20 years ago when I was a teenager, except back then I thought it was kinda funny, which is weird.  Although I still find a few parts amusing but that may be because I have a rather odd sense of humor. Anyway, check it out if it sounds okay to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment