Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

They Lied...I Wasn't Next!

     It's a home invasion tale.  So, if I just ruined it for you then you apparently do not keep up your movie news.  This is a low budget film,  and that budget was not spent on actors.  I think out of the 12 people in it I may have seen one of them before, but I'm still not sure about that one.  The main character is a chick by the name of Sharni Vinson, another I had never seen before that I can remember anyway.  She has her native Australian accent which adds a bit of sexuality, yes, the accent alone does it for me.  
     So all the other actors in it with the exception of Miss Vinson might as well be in a soap opera because that is pretty much their acting range.  Acting overall?  Don't watch it if you want something with great acting a great story for that matter.  The story is quite predictable to the point of making it not jumpy or even dramatic.  There isn't much else to say about this movie because it was really just a "Blahh" film to me.
     Although there is something in pretty much all horror or thriller movies that gets under my skin.  Why is it in all of them there is at least one person that acts like they are in a horror movie?  I mean nothing has happened yet to get you to the point of being jumpy through every door.  They turn on the lights and check the whole room before they just go to the fridge and grab a glass of water.  Noone in real life does that, do they?  I think most probably only go straight to the fridge without ever turning the light on.
     Another thing about these types of films that is just annoying is the people that just give up and have no sense of self preservation.  They either just start crying and are annoying as all hell until they are either killed or just not on screen.  Shit hits the fan and what do the others do?  Scream, scream and more scream.  What is that doing? Other then giving the bad guys a lock on your position it is just weird.  It would be this time that they all give up and the only person worth a shit comes out and defends themselves against their would-be attacker and kicks the shit outta them and all the other chicken shits look at her like she is the odd one.  Maybe they don't understand that it could have been them.......and they would be dead because they wouldn't fight back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment