Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How Many Hours Are There In A Day?

 
     So for the past few years my life has been missing something.  Entertainment wise that is.  For the most part every TV show I watch has been cancelled and taken off the air.  There is 1 show that ended in 2010 that should never have been cancelled.  Maybe it is my own personal dream but I think there are many out there that feel the same way.  24, as in Jack Bauer is what I'm talking about.
     Jack Bauer is by far one of my favorite characters ever put to a screen ever.  I had some friends along time ago that watched 24 religiously but I never understood it.  About the time of season 5 I had a roommate that loved 24 and Charmed, so you can imagine now why I waited a long time to begin.  But during the time of this guy (I do not remember his name for the life of me) being my roommate I was always sitting there in the common room watching a movie on a portable DVD player or working on tattoos or some shit and he was always looking forward to 24.  At this point in time I was like alot of people today, and hated the series because I had never seen it, which is no reason to hate something.  So my roommate is watching this show and I had obviously missed the first 4 full seasons but I started watching it with him one day because he was looking forward to this episode for about a week and never shut up about it.  I don't remember the particulars of the episode but I remember it was stressful as hell watching it.  But, stressful in a good way, meaning it made you really care about the people on the screen.
     A few months had passed and I was no longer with a roommate as I had moved to a different location and I wanted to watch a show that I had never seen.  I decided through Netflix (back when they didn't have streaming) to start watching 24 from the beginning.  Now the first few episodes are, I gotta admit kinda boring, but are essential to the character of Jack Bauer.  It did not take me too long to get sucked into the 24 blackhole.  When it clicks in your brain it is the only thing you want to watch until it is done with.  And that's what I did.  I upgraded my Netflix to the 6 disc at a time option, which cost a hell of alot more than 1 at a time.  I only upgraded it because the show pulls you in so much that there is absolutely no way for any person to be able to wait the time it takes for Netflix to send you the next disc.  This way I had most of the discs of whatever season I was in.
     Come 2010 and we are now in season 8.  I am still hooked on it.  Like an addict hooked on crack I cannot get 24 outta my system.  Although this happens to be the final season.  It ends and I enjoyed the way the producers ended the series but like all addicts it is not enough. I need more. And I need it now.  It never came.  The rumor mill started churning and the news of a 24 full featured film was in the works.  That also never happened.  Jack Bauer went on to make a show called Touch which was really good but got cancelled.  A few months ago another rumor began, and it was that 24 will have it's triumphant return.  This one is gonna happen.  On May 5th, 2014 Jack Bauer is making his return to TV.  I will definitely have a major relapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment