Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

McCarthy and Bullock Bring The F'n Heat!

    
     I watched The Heat last night and I have to say I was not disappointed.  I heard about it alot but had never seen a trailer for it before watching it.  I had it for quite some time but kept putting it off because other people told me just how great and funny it was.  The reason why I put it off is I have had too many instances in my life with comedic films that fall miles short of the hype surrounding them.  Granted this one had little hype behind it but I had just kept hearing how funny it is. 
     So I finally sit down to watch it and holy crap is Melissa McCarthy one funny woman.  She does a great job with the dialogue the writers gave her unless she improvised some of it, because her dialogue is nothing short of profanity after profanity after profanity.  What I am trying to say is her character swears a few times during the course of the film.  But it makes her wicked funny so I am happy with it.  Miss Bullock does a good job as well but she isn't really funny til......she starts swearing.  But in her defense she is supposed to be a stuck up FBI agent that's by the books.  Marlon Wayans is basically a filler character and could have really been played by just about anyone, and he is only in it for about 10 minutes.  All other males in this as well could have been someone else because they're just filler.
     The story itself is straight forward fare.  In actuality it's pretty predictable from beginning to end.  But I can say it is funny as hell with lots of laugh out loud moments, just if your getting a movie for family movie night you may want to look elsewhere unless your kids are all older because McCarthy would make Tony Montana say "Watch your mouth"!  This film does have a very large repertoire of profanity in it, but I enjoyed it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment