Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

There Is No Fate...

     Okay now since I have been watching Terminator flicks all week might as well move on to the newest one.  Terminator Salvation is really alot better then people give it credit for.  I have heard too many people say this movie sucks and it is a disgrace to the Terminator franchise but I beg to differ.  It is my honest opinion that part 3 is the film everyone should be smashing, mainly because they waited too long to make it. Arnold was too old and they didn't even try to get Edward Furlong to play Jon Connor.  To me that makes a huge fail. Anyway, I digress again as usual.
     This particular film is part 4 in the series and the only one that takes place primarily in the future setting.  I always wanted to see more of the future setting ever since I watched the first one back when I was about 8 years old.  With this one being newer then the other ones I gotta say the special effects are probably the best they have ever been for the series.  Many people that I know that have  seen it always say that, [SPOILER ALERT], When Arnold makes his appearance near the end of the film that it looks fake.  I beg to differ again, back in 1984 when the first T film came out Arnold was obviously younger then he was when he filmed the 3rd one.  The filmmakers, I believe, did the best they could possibly do with making Arnold young again and in as good a shape as when he was still bodybuilding.  I think it looks great honestly.  All-in-all I think the effects are spectacular.
     The acting is pretty good, considering the previous films never went up for any best actors or supporting actors either.  But I think everyone involed does a good job.  Christian Bale does a way better job as John Connor than he did as Batman in the Dark Knight Trilogy.  I may have just struck a nerve with all fanboys out there but before anyone says anything I want to point out that I am just like you.  But what I do not like is Bale's God-aweful Batman voice!  I know the filmmakers probably told him to do it but it always boils down to his acting whether it is his fault or not.  The guy that plays Kyle Reese, Anton Yelchin I think is gonna have a really long career because so far everything I've seen him in he does an awesome job.
    The story now........well it's a story.  If you know the series and what takes place in the "Future/Past" then it is pretty predictable.  Predictable? Yes! But that didn't stop me from loving the hell outta this movie.  So basic T story is what your gonna get here folks.
     I recommend this for any Action junkie out there or someone that just wants to see a bunch of cyborgs get jacked up.  I really do like this film it was a fun watch at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment