Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

This is only the beginning!

     First off, I just want to say that I love the art of film.  All film!  Since I was a kid I been watching movies because my 2 best friends back then had families that owned video stores.  I can remember going to my buddy Jason's house after school one day and his entire house was filled with large boxes.  We, being kids, were curious(nosy) so we started digging through them.  Every box was filled with VHS tapes, this being many years before the creation of DVD.  We went through all of them and watched probably all of them, movies ranging from big named ones to really obscure, hard to find ones. For some odd reason I can really remember the horror movies, probably because for the time they were scary for a ten year old kid.  When I watch those same films now I wonder how I was ever even scared, movies like Slaughter High, Dolls, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street and other such names.  It wasn't all horror though, we watched alot of comedy as well like Major League, Spaceballs and Naked Gun.  80's action was in full effect at the time too, so we had our fill of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and my favorite of the "can't act but my movies rock" actor, Jean Claude Van Damme.
     Anyway the point is really I like to watch alot of films. New films and old films, when I watch them I will write what I think of them.  No, I won't tell you the full synopsis of them because I don't like that in a review.  So hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment