Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What If Doctor Frankenstein Were Real?


     I have never heard of this film before watching it.  I read the synopsis and it kinda struck me as entertaining.  It remains to be seen if it actually is.  Yeah I am watching it as I am writing this.  I love the story of Frankenstein, whether it be the book or the original film from 1931.  I have never seen it as a horror tale like so many other folks.  I see it first as a science fiction movie and it makes a turn into a very tragic tale.  Although this has no effect on the film I am watching, it just so happens to be what it is based from.
     This is a handheld camera movie and I like maybe 2 films that were made this way but I continue to watch them because I am a moron.  Most movies filmed in this manner move the camera around way too much so you can't see anything cool happen.  Majority of the time the people holding the camera are too busy running away so you see nothing.  Or they are filming when they should be running away.  I know I can't be satisfied either way but if you want to make a film and make it realistic by making it a movie about a film crew then make it realistic.  If you want to make a film and let people see everything then film it normally so we can see it.  And there is always a scene or two that is at night and they use a night vision filter and all the actors have Riddick shine to the eyes.
     When it comes to the acting in films like this I kinda give it a pass because the people are supposed to be acting normal.  Now if you're supposed to be acting normal and you can't do that then just please quit your profession.  There are a few things that happen in all films of this kind and that's there is always one person that is a complete cry baby and whines about everything and there is always one that is a hard ass and no matter what happens they have to do what there gonna do.  This movie is no different.
     Okay I'm not gonna waste anymore of anyone's time with this one because I just wasted an hour and a half watching it.  UUUMMM....skip it, unless your the type that likes boring films about what it would be like to film a whole lot of nothing and show the viewer nothing.  An absolute waste of time.  Best part, which isn't in the film, is the cool poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment