Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2014

Yet Another Wolverine Film!


     I went into this expecting a complete travesty.  Thankfully it wasn't complete.  Surprisingly I enjoyed this film.  The reason my expectations were so low was the past X-Men films.  I don't know about you guys but I haven't forgiven Hollywood for X-Men:The Last Stand and X-Men Origins:Wolverine.  Those two are continuously on the top of the worst comic book movie lists and for good reason.  Last Stand was really only bad because of bad writing and way too many characters.  I think that's why I thought this would suck.  It really doesn't.
     The acting is really well done throughout the entire film and I believe that is because there is alot of veteran actors and very few newbs.  A couple of standouts are Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy.  They both continue to impress with their skills.  Jennifer Lawrence on the other hand thankfully isn't in it all that much because I just cannot stand her as an actress.  I kinda wish they had Rebecca Romijn reprise her role as Mystique instead of the plank of wood they did.
     The story is pretty good but it falls a bit short because of the continuity between this film and the others in the series.  I mean if I had never seen any of the other X-Men movies this would have been spectacular but they haunt me every step of the way.  I have a few questions for it.  How did Professor Xavier get his body back?  I mean it does take place after the events of Last Stand, so I ask again, how did he get his body back?  Another one is how is Quicksilver as old as he is when he is Magneto's kid?  Or did the producers decide that noone will remember that?  
     Film was good but still had some space to grow in my opinion.  Anyone who likes comic movies should definitely check it out because it is very entertaining.  The climax to me was done a little wrong and you will know what I mean when you watch it.  I did however like how they righted some wrongs from previous installment, but you have to wait til the very end to know about that.  In the 7 X-Men related films Wolverine wasn't the star of just one and that's my favorite one, although he does make a quick appearance.  I would like more films not revolving around Wolverine.  I know the character is their cash cow but he wasn't even part of the beginning of X-Men so why are there 6 films revolving around him?

No comments:

Post a Comment