Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Transcendence (2014) Review


     I had never seen a trailer of this film before actually seeing it.  I had seen a bunch of posters and still photos of it but didn't really know much about it.  The things I did know were that it had a pretty good cast and that was enough for me.  But essentially it is about really smart computer worker people and a group of terrorists.  Pretty simple I guess, until you get to the artificial intelligence stuff.
     This film is written by a first time film writer and directed by a first time film director.  That being said, I am surprised they were able to round up a great cast for it.  I mean look at it, we have Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman, Rebecca Hall, Paul Bettany, Cillian Murphy and Kate Mara.  Since the director had worked with Christopher Nolan on the Batman films and Inception as the cinematographer I can only deduce that he was helped out by that connection alone.  I think it was written well considering it has a lot of technical speech in it and was more than likely be made for the new era folk that were born with computers and other tech.  It's not hard to understand by no means, but if you have no idea about technical stuff then you may have some trouble following it.
     When it comes to the actor's performances, then I have to say that pretty much all involved do a really good job.  There isn't one person that stands out above the rest here.  Everyone is on an equal playing field.  
     There is some special effects in the film.  All done with CGI and it all looks decent.  Only decent.  You can tell at some points quite obviously when the human parts are being fixed.  But some of it looks good though, so not a total loss.
     All in all I can say it was a very interesting film to watch and I personally will watch it a few times in my lifetime.  It does kinda remind me of a modern Terminator just without the killer cyborgs.  Skynet is what I am referring to and to me that is cool enough.  I can recommend this movie to all that like drama, science fiction and a but of mystery as well.  It's definitely worth a watch at least once anyway.  Give it a shot!  Let me know what You think of the film after you watch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment