Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere!

   
     I finally get my yearly dosage of crack!  No, not the actual drug, I am talking about Game of Thrones.  Every year when the show begins a new season it only lasts about two and a half months.  Then you get to wait another ten months for a new season.  I believe each season has been worth the wait but it really is bullshit we all have to wait almost a year for a fix!
     The season 4 premiere was last night and I was expecting to see a few things as I have read all the books and I knew that season 3 ended a bit early for me.  I seem to remember the third book, A Storm of Swords, having a huge shift in the narrative and a massive cliffhanger.  So last season I had planned on seeing this happen and it did not, so naturally I half expected it to take place in this first episode, but it did not.  I guess what we all should come away from this with is, in Game of Thrones don't ever expect anything because most likely it won't happen! 
     I will not have any spoilers for any episode I write about so people can know that I am not into ruining the show for anyone as I would also hate it.  Even though I have read the books and know generally what is gonna happen, the producers of the show are doing their damnedest to keep even the book readers on their toes.
     So, with all that said I get to a small review of the premiere episode of season 4.  It was pretty uneventful for me, mainly because maybe I was waiting for that big thing to happen that just didn't.  I suppose it was completely uneventful because obviously there are some big things that happen in each episode.  This show isn't into filler episodes like most other shows that have ever aired.  This has big shoes to fill especially seeing as how the previous season ended.  So it's understandable that the producers would want to give you a break from all the shock and awe.  
     Every single actor in this show is cast about as perfect as can possibly be imagined.  They all do an outstanding job with a few special standouts being Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke and Jack Gleeson.  I say Jack Gleeson because regardless what people have to say about his character they all have to be in agreement of one fact...everyone absolutely hates him!  So either that is a very young and gifted actor or he is a fucking dirtbag in real life and not acting at all.  I am leaning towards gifted.  No matter what happens in the show I am of the belief that young Mr. Gleeson's career is over after this show because he has played such a hateful and hated character that noone will ever be able to believe him in anything else.
     Great story throughout, as is the case with all the episodes ever of this show so basically what I really want to say is if you have seen the show then you won't miss this episode and if you haven't watched any of the previous seasons then....What are you waiting for?  This show is easily one of the best to ever air!

No comments:

Post a Comment