Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Godzilla - Extended Look



     Ever since I was a little kid I have loved Godzilla.  I have seen every film made on this character and for some reason I can't get enough.  I was even in line to watch the American remake back in 1998 and then after I saw it I wanted to throw things at the screen.  In that film it wasn't Godzilla!  That was a giant fuckin' iguana that laid eggs all over the city.  And it was made by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich, the team behind the spectacular ID4 and Stargate films.  Why the hell they thought it was a good idea to take one of the most, if not THE most iconic character of all time and jack him up til he has nothing left to compare him to the original.  Oh my bad, he sounded the same!  That was it.  So when I first heard that Hollywood was making yet another remake of a classic, knowing the last one was a fuckin' disaster, I thought instantly they would mess it up!  Now, this film has yet to be released, but from the extended trailer it seems as thought the filmmakers have done Godzilla's look some justice.  The sounds in the trailer, as well, sound correct.  From this trailer I can deduce that for 1: he is absolutely humongous, ever so much more then the original Gojira!  He actually looks like his leg is as tall as the originals full height.  And 2: It actually looks wicked good!  Although I am still skeptical because the '98 version looked good but was far from it.  But, I won't lie every once in a while I get in the mood to watch this inferior version for some reason, and all I can do all the while is make fun of the atrocious acting.  Anyway, to the point...I really want to watch this new one pretty badly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment