Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"I AM THE LAST ONE!"...That Was In My James Bond Voice!


     This film got released in 1996 and it is great, even to today's standards.  I would dare say that even the CGI is good, I am coming of course from when it was made.  But there are a few times when the effects are even equal to that of Smaug.  People may laugh at that but I am being serious about it.  I may be alone in saying that Smaug wasn't that great, I thought he looked cool but not great.  Draco on the other hand has some spectacular scenes and I will admit that a few of the times with him talking are a bit off but as a whole it is a great movie.
     Directed by Rob Cohen, the man responsible for The Fast and The Furious, Dragon, The Bruce Lee Story and a few other mediocre pictures.  In my opinion, this is his best film.  I think he accomplished what he went out to do and that is make a fun movie with a good story, great action set pieces and some comedy thrown in for good measure.  It is mixed pretty well.
     With a ton of big named actors, although most weren't as known as they are today, and most put in a rather cheesy job.  The cheesiness goes with the film well though and it adds that extra bit of comedy.  It is a movie that doesn't take itself too serious and the acting just proves it.  I think they made it to entertain and it does that with flying colors.  Movies aren't made this way anymore, for the sole purpose to entertain the public.  Now it has to be over the top, too shocking, extra gross or have a story where you have to watch it 12 times to understand it.  Why can't they just have a simple story and make it a good film?  I do occasionally want to watch a thought provoking movie but for the most part I just want to be entertained, and this movie does it.
     On a quick side note Dina Meyer looks awesome in this and if all medieval water girls looked as good as her I need to find me a Delorean ASAP.
     I would recommend this to anyone who likes dragon tales, medieval times movies and just good fun flicks.  Definitely a family friendly picture, although there is a bit of blood in it so be warned.    

No comments:

Post a Comment