Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I Got Wicked Sidetracked!

     I am sorry to anyone that has been waiting for new movie reviews but I got sidetracked.  See I am a huge Dr. Who fan, I have seen all of it and still can't wait for more.  I recently rewatched all of David Tennants stint as the fabled Doctor because he has been my favorite of all time.  There are a few of the episodes that have a secondary character other than the normal companion.  That character is Captain Jack Harkness played by the very talented John Barrowman.  I love his character so much in fact I watched Torchwood all the way through just for his character alone. 

     But now that I am fresh out of Captain Jack Harkness to watch I decided to look up the actor himself to see what else he has played in that I may be interested in.  So in my IMDB search I found out he has a role in the DC comics show called Arrow.  I am also a huge DC comics fan, more so than Marvel, but I will admit I have never been a even a little bit of a fan of Green Arrow.  He just seemed a bit too "Robin Hood" for me.  So, I guess, needless to say I never watched the show even though it has big ratings.  

     Now onto the reason I haven't reviewed or even watched any movies for a bit over a week.  Arrow!  I started it to see another great role by John Barrowman and was delighted to find a great show involving the DC extended universe.  Really, what I am trying to say is I just watched both full seasons in around a week and now I can't wait for the next season to start.  I also cannot wait for The Flash to start because it shows his origin in Arrow.  I only have one real complaint for this show and that is the woman that plays Laurel Lance has apparently gone under the knife between the 2 seasons because in season 1 she is a very beautiful woman and in just the first episode of the second season it's almost as if they decided to hire Celine Dion to take her place.  Her new chin is so distracting and it's an absolute shame that this woman was so self conscious about her looks that she went and destroyed herself.  Now I hope they write her out of the show or just replace her because there is no room in this show for a chin that large.  I don't mean to be mean in the least bit but actors need to really stop messing around with the looks your parents gave you.  You know a fluctuation in weight is one thing but to have some doctor cut pieces off you or add new pieces is uncalled for.  Anyway enough of that stuff.
     That's why I haven't been on here in awhile.  I would urge people to check it out if they haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment